My first baking post! I’m actually an avid baker now that I have weekends free. I use to be a pro at making brownies in my teenage years too, people would often request them instead of presents, but right now, I am digging the brown sugar cookies. I don’t know why I love them so much, but whenever they have been made, they haven’t lasted long. Plus I love Nutella, but I hate waiting around for recipes, so I kinda just threw a load of mixture into a bowl and here we are.
Ingredients – Makes around 20 cookies
250g softened butter
375g brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of salt
300g plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 tablespoons of Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan assisted). Prepare a baking tray with either greaseproof paper or butter.
2. Cream the butter, salt, vanilla extract and brown sugar in a bowl together.
3. Add in your egg and combine the mixture.
4. Sift flour and baking powder into your bowl and mix together until totally combined.
5. Check your mixture; if it’s too sticky, add in more flour, too dry, add a splash of milk.
6. Drop in your spoonfuls of Nutella. Fold them into the mixture using your hands. Keep going until your dough looks like it has veins of Nutella running throughout.
7. Take ping pong sized balls of the mixture and place onto the baking tray. Flatten the tops down to ensure a good spread.
8. Cook for 11-14 minutes depending on the size of the cookie. You want it to be crunchy on the edge and chewy in the middle, so take them out before they fully cook.
And there we go! This was my second time at making them. The first looked more veiny with Nutella, but these guys tasted a lot better. Send me any photos if you do make them!